Yesterday, I had a great time with my tutor - Dr. Tan at NIE. I went to see him to clear some doubts on phonetics, particularly the pronunciation of /t/ at the end of words like "rest" /rest/. And how do we pronounce "rested"? Why the fuss? Because I heard people, including English teachers, pronouncing the final /t/ as "tsk".
Anyway, what he said to me was more important and encouraging than anything else. He said something like this, "Your work is truly a good piece of essay. Although I have given others A+s as well, I think yours is still the best. Simple to understand. Clear, as well." Do you not feel great to hear all these words coming out from your tutor's mouth? I DO!!!
He proceeded to tell me that when he told Dr. Leong he was impressed with only one assignment, Dr. Leong could say out my name (after a few tries)! No lah, I am not trying to show off here. I just realised that I have the potential to write an excellent piece of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment