Saturday, January 20, 2007

Safra Toa Payoh - IPPT!

Having lost in Toa Payoh town a year ago, I decided to take a bus to Safra Toa Payoh this time. After I exited from Toa Payoh MRT station, I took a left turn, turned to Exit B and got on the escalator, which delivered me up to Singapore's first air-conditioned bus interchange. Buses 8, 26, 31, 90 and 142 were my options. Since I was rushing for time, I quickly made my way to 90 because it had the longest queue. Befuddled? Hee hee... I smiled proudly to myself. I was definitely going to reach the test centre before 11am. I tried to remember the surroundings as the bus was leaving the interchange.

15 minutes later. I cursed myself. I glanced at my watch repeatedly as I walked past the opposite traffic. Why did I miss the stop? Where was the monastery? When the building finally appeared, I knew I was quite near my destination. I should have chosen to walk to the test centre in the first place. Eventually, I reached there 5 minutes late, with sweat streaming down my back. What a wonderful experience!

The first station was Chin-up, followed by Standing Broad-jump, Sit-up and Shuttle-run. I failed Chin-up and Shuttle-run like I did the previous year. I managed to score 3 points only on my second attemp at the broad-jump. For 30 sit-ups, I got 2 points. Anyway, disappointment did not swallow me at all because I was not the lousiest. I just hope my RT will not come knocking on my door so soon...

No comments: