Just barely a year, my precious Nokia N80 died on me on Thursday, 17 May 2007. I tried to revive it by removing and installing the battery and the SIM card for the umpteenth time. It just did not work as I had hoped. "Could it be that the SingTel network is down again?" I thought so and tried the SIM card on another Nokia phone. It worked well! Tears streamed down my face...
Eh.... just a little dramatic lah. Anyway, the demise of my N80 has given me a valid excuse to get a new phone. I could perhaps get a PDA phone. But the sudden death of my phone prompted me to seriously think of an answer for this logic-defying question - "Is it worth to spend so much (S$700 and above) on a phone which could become obsolete the minute you buy it?"
N80 was the... fifth phone that I bought over a period of 8 years. My first phone being Nokia 3210, which Mum bought it for me when I was sent to Tekong for BMT. A year later, I bought Nokia 3310 before I went to Australia for Ex-Wallaby. In 2002, I bought Nokia 7650 and I had been using it until the award-winning RAZR came into my life in 2005. A year later, I traded in V3 for N80.
N80 was the most expensive phone (S$688) which I had paid for and yet it had the shortest lifespan. I thought I would be able to use this phone for another two years (just like its grandpa - 7650) but it seems impossible, unless I send it for servicing. Should I? Perhaps I should. I think I better save more money now when I can and be frugal with my spending.
Eh.... just a little dramatic lah. Anyway, the demise of my N80 has given me a valid excuse to get a new phone. I could perhaps get a PDA phone. But the sudden death of my phone prompted me to seriously think of an answer for this logic-defying question - "Is it worth to spend so much (S$700 and above) on a phone which could become obsolete the minute you buy it?"
N80 was the... fifth phone that I bought over a period of 8 years. My first phone being Nokia 3210, which Mum bought it for me when I was sent to Tekong for BMT. A year later, I bought Nokia 3310 before I went to Australia for Ex-Wallaby. In 2002, I bought Nokia 7650 and I had been using it until the award-winning RAZR came into my life in 2005. A year later, I traded in V3 for N80.
N80 was the most expensive phone (S$688) which I had paid for and yet it had the shortest lifespan. I thought I would be able to use this phone for another two years (just like its grandpa - 7650) but it seems impossible, unless I send it for servicing. Should I? Perhaps I should. I think I better save more money now when I can and be frugal with my spending.
No comments:
Post a Comment