Last Friday, 15 Feb, I felt quite certainly that her words were meant for me. Her eyes were fixed on me when she was delivering the utterance. Quite vaguely, they were:
"I'm sure the workload will be divided equally..."
Ernie assured me that it was just a simple comment. She asked me what made me feel so. I told her I had been rather quiet in tutorials. And I had presented fewer times than my group members. I knew if I continued to be as carefree as I used to be, I would be marked by her. I asked Lydia for her comments. We thought I should make a difference.
So on 22 Feb, when we were in our usual group discussion, I decided to demonstrate my knowledge on Themes (part of Mode of Discourse). While they were busily highlighting and discussing what the answers could be, I arduously skimmed through the reading and explained to them the topic. The enthusiasm in my explanation must have captured our tutor's attention because I could soon feel her presence beside me. And she said, "I'm sure Ker Wee will present for the group later." The rest nodded in agreement.
When my presentation was over, Ernie said that my presentation skills had improved. I was very happy, much like a small boy being praised for something good he had done. I guess even when we are adults, we are always searching for a sense of personal and social recognition.
1 comment:
YUP! I agree with ur last sentence! =D
Post a Comment