I looked at the "A" on her test paper and wondered, "How did she manage to do so well for phonetics as well?" In fact, she made fewer mistakes than I did. When I looked back at my paper, I realised two were "careless" mistakes; I forgot to mark the unit boundary "" for question 2 (whereas I did for all the other questions!), and I used the wrong long vowel for the word "Joyce". Then the other two were genuine ones because I simply could not distinguish fall and rise tones (after so much practice)!
Am I too complacent this semester? Yeah, I think most people are (like our Home Team), if you could still remember how MS escaped from the detention centre. When I looked back at May's grades for her recent assignments, I thought she had really done well. She got A-s for both AAE102 Individual Reflection (15%) and ALS101 E-Learning Assignment (20%). What did I get? Just 9.5% for the former and a B for the latter. Sigh.
I am not jealous over May's achievements. I just thought if she could manage to bag the As, so could I. That means something is definitely wrong with me! Am I too complacent this semester because of my past achievements? I compared myself to what I did last year. Almost the same, though May quoted "Yeah, you seem less panicky now. More relaxed and optimistic than before, which is good." Could that be the reason?