Yesterday, I went back alone to NIE to buy English Grammar FAQs: 100 Questions Teachers and Students Frequently Ask by Alvin and Ludwig. It retails at $23.50.
After that, I went to visit Ludwig, hoping to find him in his office so that I could get his autograph. Luckily, he was there and I requested him to autograph the book in cursive. Brilliant handwriting! (Look below and you will be impressed). Since I went there unexpectedly, I did not want to take up his time for long.
Then, I went to get my second autograph from Alvin. I did not expect that we could talk for so long. I expressed my desire to get a Master and if possible, a PhD in the future. He gave me some pointers (such as to take up AAE347 Research Methods) and got me to identify my strengths and weaknesses. His suggestion is that if I am an analytical/mathematical person, I should opt for a Master in research (as opposed to coursework). One more thing - I should at least get a 2nd Upper in my basic degree. Alvin is definitely a friendly and funny lecturer I have ever encountered at NIE. Oh, he did not seem convinced that I was just a (marginal) 2nd Upper student. He thought that my CGPA was above 4.5. But still, he encouraged me to do well in my basic degree in order to secure a better future.
No comments:
Post a Comment