Last Monday, 04 Aug, I finally made up my mind to purchase the cool-looking Samsung Omnia via the singtelshop.com web-site. I thought it was quite a nice bargain if I traded in my Motorola V8 for S$200. I just had to pay S$348 in all, with renewal. Like any other buying/selling sites, it provides step-by-step guidance to get consumers like me to empty my pockets using my credit card. Happily, I filled up my particulars, double-checked what I had typed, and clicked on the "Submit order" button. It took a while to process and finally greeted me with the following message:
Frantically, I called up my bank and spoke to one of their friendly staff. I was eventually assured by the lady on the other end that there were no transactions being recorded. Phew! I called up SingTel as advised by her.
It was a lady. I explained to her my situation and she said that she could not rectify the problem on the spot. She assured me that she would give me a response the following day. I asked her for the timing and she replied, "In the afternoon, sir."
So I waited. And waited. And waited. It was already Thursday and I got no response from her. My patience abated and my anger rocketed. I called SingTel again in the morning. A guy called Reef answered my call and requested some time to "think of a solution". Like the lady, he promised me that he would get back to me ASAP. I asked him when. And he said, "Before I P.M." And so I waited.
I must be very silly to trust them. Till evening, I got no calls at all from SingTel. I called them the umpteenth time. Another guy answered my call. I could sense that he was very reluctant to help me out because he persistently assured me that he would email his colleague (that lady) and request her to reply me. F*** OFF, SingTel.
On Saturday, 10 Aug, I checked the trade-in value of my V8 from that unreliable web-site and was surprised that it had depreciated to S$150. Gosh, what a sum! >:( And there was still no response from SingTel. I decided to try my luck again. This time, I had this error message:
Bloody SingTel! Irritating SingTel! Damn SingTel! I called them again. Ha. It was the same guy (not Reef). He checked and confirmed that I was still eligible for contract renewal. When I asked him what he could do to assist me, he suggested that I could go down to one of those hello! shops and get them to assist me with my purchase. BS. "Then what is the web-site for? Isn't it supposed to minimise inconvenience on the consumer's side?" He blatantly repeated his last message like a tape recorder.
No comments:
Post a Comment