Thursday, November 29, 2007

Last Minute Pissed Me! (Continued...)

On 26 November, Monday, I decided to call 1800-3676767, the number listed on the NS PORTAL (www.ns.sg) to provide feedback on my last minute ICT notification. The person on the other line was a guy named Roslie (?). I told him I wanted to feedback to the relevant personnel on my matter. He said, "So you want to complain?"

"No, I didn't say I want to complain," I replied immediately. "And please don't take it down as a complaint. I only want to feedback."

As I was explaining everything to him, I could hear him punching his keyboard furiously. Towards the end, he said, "We'll ask someone from your unit to contact you within these few days."

Feeling rather insecure, I decided to send my feedback via e-mail too. So by 10PM, I sent my e-mail to them at
contact@ns.sg.

The following morning at 9 o'clock, I called Mr. Venkat from MOE to request for a deferment letter for National Service call-up. The speaker was very friendly and encouraging. I suspected that he was the same person I had spoken to two years ago when I called for the same reason.

Before I ended my conversation with him, I received a second line from an unfamiliar caller. When I tried to answer it, the caller hung up. As soon as I ended my call with Mr Venkat, the mysterious number appeared again. I quickly answered it and soon discovered that the person was a lady - from 403 SAR.

She introduced herself as Ms. Ng and explained to me that the late notification was due to the change of division sometime early this year. My data just happened not to be transferred properly then and hence, they missed out on me. Anyway, the lady kept apologising to me as she was explaining to me. Finally, she popped that question, "Do you want to come back? If you don't want, it's okay because we know it's our fault." To take the blue pill or the red one?

No comments: