My sincere apologies to those who visited my blog and found it almost defunct. (Wow! My last entry here was done 5 months ago!)
I am now back! :-)
This semester has been a hectic one. First of all, I have 6 modules – 3 Curriculum Studies of 2 AUs each (ACE402, ACM402, ACS402), 1 Education Studies of 3 AUs (AED231) and 2 Academic Subjects of 3 AUs (AAE431, AAE435).
I have no qualms about the CS modules because overall, they are rather interesting and they provide insights into current trends and issues related to pedagogy. What is most satisfying is that I had the opportunities to work with people whom I was not close with before, like Will Ng (yup, previously he was known as Willie), Li Kokh and Wendy Wong.
I also have no major dislikes about AED231. I just feel that the assignment on life journey with a partner is a little meaningless. While it does make me explore and discover myself better and deeper through conversations with my partner and reflections, the thought of ‘making use’ of a partner is just not a good idea. (Unless the coordinator of this module is expecting her students to journey with their partners for the rest of their lives… that’s life journey, right?)
Then comes Dr. Guo, our tutor for AAE431 (a.k.a SFG), who looks a little muddle-headed and does not seem to express himself well. I think most Alvin Leong fans (who were ‘tricked’ into taking up this module) were irritated and unimpressed by Dr. Guo’s personality. However, his patience is what I admire most.
My worst nightmare comes from AAE435. Till this day, the slightly aloof and enigmatic tutor continues to haunt me in my dreams nightmares. But him aside, I was more disappointed by one of my group members when we attempting to complete our presentation assignment.
Imagine out of a sudden, one by one your friends came to you and asked you, “What happened between you and your group? Do you guys have any conflicts?” And eventually you realised that you had been bad-mouthed or your integrity had been discounted? PMS at work? I am not a woman and I have no idea how badly it can affect one person’s moods but criticising someone behind their back is definitely uncalled for. Still, I accepted the apology.
Hmm… learn to forgive, but not to forget… I learnt this from AED231. I think we can forgive the person who does us harm but cannot forget the process that we have gone through… the experience that we have when we are managing conflicts, discussing our views openly and honestly… I learnt to open up from this ordeal and this module.
Looking forward to 25 May 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment