Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where’s My Grimlock?

I was so bored on Monday that I decided to ask Lydia out to Orchard Road. Well, ever since I took my last exam paper on 29 April, I have been either idling or blasting Uroboros-infected Africans on Resident Evil 5 at home. And then I suddenly remembered I had to get my Grimlock. Hey, not just any Grimlock, but a Masterpiece MP-08 Grimlock as seen below. Hey, cool, right?

image_677_106

I first saw it at Takashimaya on 11 April when I was shopping around with Alan at the Toys section. It was placed on the highest shelf, with about two or three pieces left. I was aghast by the rather exorbitant price tag – SGD$ 209! I felt it was too expensive and placed the item back.

Then, on Monday, I decided to buy it anyway. To my disappointment, it was not there any more. Replacing it were other transformers, including the Hasbro 25th Anniversary Universe Re-issue G1 Optimus Prime below. They still have plenty of them!

Hasbro 25th Anniversary G1 Optimus Prime

Lydia suggested trying my luck at other stores and I could only think of Rapid Culture at Orchard Cineleisure. Yes! I managed to find one, which was placed prominently facing the entrance, at the shop.  I checked out the price – it was only SGD$ 10 cheaper.

When I reached home, I decided to check the mail that MIKELZ sent to me months ago. There it was! That already expired pre-order of Masterpiece MP-08 Grimlock had a price tag of only SGD$ 140!!! WTF*!

Looks like my Masterpiece MP-01 Optimus Prime is going to be extremely lonely for a while…

 

 

 

 

 

* WTF = What The Fish, a term coined by my ex-Sony colleague and current friend Kelvin Yap to replace the rather offensive What The F***k.

No comments: